Welcome to Westhill Golf Club!
Membership Initiatives for 2017
For 2017 we have made a number of changes to our membership offerings. These have been made with the intention of allowing our club to grow its membership whilst offering existing and new members exciting oppertunities and rewards for golfing at Westhill Golf Club. Each initiative is described in more detail below along with the corresponding membership application form. Please note that a ‘new member’ is defined as a person who has not been a member of Westhill Golf Club in any of the last three years. Adult categories (aged 19 and older) are subject to a £50 loyalty card payment (redeemable on food/drink at the club bar) and a £2 charge to cover the cost of golf insurance.
1. Structured fees which allow Young Adults to gradually progress from being Junior to Full Adult members over an eight year period. Young Adults aged 19-22 can take out a full membership at WGC for a fee of £225 per annum. This increases to £375 per annum when aged 23-26. Irrespectivel of age, any student is eligible to take out a full membership for £225 per annum so long as proof of student status can be presented.
2. A reward scheme for existing members who introduce new members to Westhill Golf Club. For introduction of a new adult member a reward of £100 will be issued. For introduction of a new Young Adult, Student or Senior member a reward of £50 will be issued. This reward can be added to your ‘green card’ to be spent on food and drink in the clubhouse or used to reduce your fees in the following season (i.e. introduction of a new member in 2017 means you can use the reward towards your 2018 fees). The reward will be issued for every new member you introduce to WGC.
3. Discounted membership when three of more new members join Westhill Golf Club as a group. A 15% discount will be applied to our advertised fees for each person in the group in the first year of membership. A ‘group’ may be composed of any combination of persons from our Young Adult, Student, 5 day, Senior and Adult categories.
4. Introduction of a ‘Family Membership’ category. If two adults from the same family join WGC then any children aged 17 or younger in that family may join free of charge (note: in this context the ‘two adult’ members may be Young Adults, Students, 5 Day, Senior or full Adult members). This offer is not limited to new members.
6. Membership with tuition built in. New to golf? Take out an Adult membership and we will include two free 30-minute lessons with our PGA Professional George Bruce to get you started. This offer applies to new members only.
Open Competitions and Fixture Lists for 2017
We are delighted to be able to anounce the dates for our Open Competitions for 2017. These competitions are spread across the summer months and are played over a variety of formats. With only a modest entry fee and an excellent prize fund they represent an excellent way to sample golf at WGC! Both members and visitors can book tee times online by selecting the ‘Tee Times’ option at the top of this page.
|Sunday 28th May||Mixed Texas Scramble Open (Teams of 4)||£40 per team|
|Thursday 1st June||Gents Senior Open||£10 per person|
|Sunday 18th June||Gents Greensomes Open||£20 per pair|
|Sunday 25th June||Ladies Greensomes Open||£16 per pair|
|Saturday 1st July||Gents Four Ball Betterball||£20 per pair|
|Saturday 5th August||Gents Open||£15 visitors, £13 members|
|Saturday 2nd September||Mixed Texas Scramble Open (Teams of 4)||£40 per team|
Fixture lists for WGC member competitins in 2017 can be accessed below for the Gents, Ladies and Senior Gent Sections in PDF format. If anyone has difficutly accessing please contact the club and we will provide you with a copy:
Club News and Events
The inside of our clubhouse has just undergone a significant refurbishment. This has seen new flooring, lighting and furniture in our welcome hall and lounge/bar area. As can be seen from the photos below, this has resulted in a warm, modern and fresh feel to the space. If you haven’t already been to see the change then why not stop by have a look! We feel that the new appearance and the stunning views of the neighbouring hills makes our lounge the ideal spot to enjoy some fine food or a coffee.
Regular Social Events
Our clubhouse is being well used thanks to the excellent food on offer from our resident chef John! Please contact the club to reserve at spot at any of our regular social events so that you don’t miss out.
Weekly fresh fish Fridays
A Sunday Carvery on the first Sunday of the month
Regular Sunday Tea’s available